About: Meet the composer - Priyankeshu Parihar



Background and Childhood:

Born in India in 1985, spent my childhood learning music from my mom since the age of 5. Started teaching music at my mom's school at the age of 12.

I was brought up in a music learning environment where my mother use to teach music and dance at our home. I started playing keyboard and harmonium at the age of 5.

Since then i have spent a lot of time spending time online and other places to learn about different styles of music ranging from Indian classical as well as blues.

Inspiration for ppsongs.com
A couple of years back, i came across a similar site www.danosongs.com run by Dan O Conner, he has made some great music available on his site for free!

I was so much inspired from music and site that i decided to start a similar venture! You can check out his site, he is also a great actor and an expert internet marketer!

I also liked other site which has even larger collection is Kevin MacLeod's Incompetech , he has a huge collection of sounds available in different genre/mood etc. Very high quality and professional stuff!


Equipment:
I own
  • Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
  • M-Audio Keystudio midi Controller
  • Pro Tools Standard Edition music making software
  • Linux Multi media studio (free)
  • Casio SA 150
  • Condensor microphone to record vocals and guitar.


I compose all music on my laptop using modest software and some of the awesome free plugins made available by awesome programmers on the internet.

Some of my favorite VSts are Synth1,  Greenoak Crystak, tone2 firebird etc.

Samples:
I use samples in my music from third party sites. Some of the music i have composed use samples heavily, it is interesting to see how you can come up quickly with a new composition using samples.

There are many to list but i primarily use :

- Samples that come with Pro tools SE software
- Free samples from blogs like www.musicradar.com and www.bedroomproducers.com



Experience
I started learning audio engineering in around 2008 and really loved the idea to be able to compose music on a laptop which was fun!

Education and other professional experience:
I have done masters in computer science and spend a lot of time on internet. Developed my first website in 2001 when internet was relatively new and i was young.

I have worked as a project manager for a Mumbai based company www.indigo.co.in as a project manager and quit my job in 2008. Since, then i have been developing websites and spending more time in learning

My style:
I am a day dreamer/philosopher and i like exploring new things. Whenever i come up with a new tune i record it in my cellphone boomboxing and then later on compose it on the PC.

I love all genres related to folk, blues, Indian classical, i like exploring variety when it comes to music, but most of my musical style is based on the basic principles of improvising as suggested in classical forms of Indian music and also blues and jazz!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and questions...